Friday, June 15, 2012

My Little Monster


                I wrote you all a poem!!  You should be honored because I don’t ever write poems ... ever.  In fact I am a little embarrassed to even post this one, BUT it is my very best work yet.  And that is really saying something about every other poem I have ever written- all garbage!  Except this one, I kind of fancy this one. 

                      My Little Monster 
                                     Emily Smith

Your monster may only haunt you when the sun has gone,
But my monster works strictly during the day light hours.

Your monster may lie in wait for you under your bed,
But my monster prefers to act asleep on top of mine.

Your monster may grab your ankles to make you scream,
But my monster jumps at me when I am least expecting.

Your monster may have orange scales and nine eyes,
But my monster looks exactly like you and me.

Your monster is only a figment of your imagination,
But my monster has an imagination of his own.

                My Little Monster was inspired by my adorable Samuel.  He and AJ were “pretending” to sleep on my bed this morning; boy, can those two snore, and whenever I came close they would jump out and scare me- they got me every time.  Samuel loved it and I told him that he was scarier than any monster-under-the-bed I had EVER encountered.  Here is the video of Samuel and AJ scaring me this morning.

Disclaimer:  Remember, this is only a video, don't be too frightened- it will be scary.


No comments:

Post a Comment