Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The Bessing Day

Can  you see her purple mouth?
                Lily’s blessing was extremely last minute because we found out that my parents were going to be leaving for Washington on the 1st of June.  So if we wanted my parents and siblings to be there we had to do Lily’s blessing on May 27th.  Sunday May 20th we spoke with our new bishop and he requested our records over from our previous ward.  When he received our records a couple days later, he called us in and gave us a recommend to give Lily her blessing in a different ward- we were set to go.  May 26th AJ’s parents and Christyl came up and we all had a big slumber party at my parents’ house.  There was very little slumbering going on, still we all arose early and made it to our 8 AM meeting.  Lily’s blessing was beautiful!  Thanks to my cousin Malorie and her awesome dad for making it out for the blessing- we were glad to have you both.
Getting ready.
                In the pictures you might notice that Lily has a purple mouth.  Our poor baby had a severe thrush infection in her little mouth and we started her treatment the night before, so she was nice and purple for her blessing day.  (There is a reason they call that stuff Gentian Violet- it is brilliant, by the way, and cheap.)  Heather, our midwife, warned us several times that it will stain anything that it touches royal purple.  How could I possibly forget that, you ask?  I have no idea, but I did.  I was so worried about her blessing dress- thankfully the purple stayed in her mouth, where it belonged.

Lily was blessed in the very same blessing dress that I was.

               Later that same evening we visited my Grandma and Grandpa Gurr.  This was the first time Lily met her Great- Grandparents.  PS:  My Grandpa Gurr is a World War II veteran- he served in the Navy.  Thank you Grandpa for your service to our beautiful country in order to protect our precious freedoms.  Happy Memorial Day- I love you!!  PSS:  My Grandma Gurr made that blessing dress for my blessing day 21 years ago.  So that dress is extra- extra special.




Four Generations of awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment