Wednesday, May 23, 2012

We went to Africa!



FYI: It is NOT $9 per ticket.
                AJ and I had been meaning to take Samuel to the zoo before we moved away from Utah because all the zoos in Arizona are WAY too expensive.  But we kept putting off going to the zoo because Lily kept putting off coming.  Needless to say, I did NOT want to be walking around the Hogle Zoo and go into labor; then have an hour long drive back to the birthing center.  So we put off going to the zoo until last minute and we almost didn’t go at all.  May 14th, the day before we packed everything into the moving truck and started our 12 hour drive, we finally made it to the Hogle Zoo.  And we all had a blast!

Lots of elephants!
So excited.
                First thing’s first, we had to stop and see the elephants, because Samuel has a thing for elephants.  We were so curious what Samuel’s reaction was going to be when he saw actual elephants that were ALIVE.  But let’s be honest, he had no idea how cool that is.  To him an elephant is an elephant.  Although, I was impressed that he recognized them and identified them as elephants the second he saw them.  I had to record the moment Samuel saw the elephants for the first time so I could share it with you.


              Chickens?  Chickens?!  Dude, seriously, there are elephants right there in front of your face and you get distracted by chickens?  You are so silly.  By the way, I LOVE it when Samuel says elephant- he just says it so darn cute!  I wish I sounded cute when I said elephant.

Riding the big elephant statue/ fountain!
                It was a really hot day so we took every chance we could to check out the exhibits that were indoors.  And while we were in the building with all of the reptiles we came across this awesome iguana.  Of course he was doing what most zoo animals do … nothing.  But we wanted Samuel to see it anyway because it was a large lizard that he couldn’t miss.  Samuel had to stand up in the stroller in order to see it and the instant Samuel’s little head popped into view the iguana opened its mouth wide and started to bob its head up and down then side to side.  AJ and I were a little shocked and scrambled to get the camera out, but by the time we did the iguana was done dancing.  It was still funny though.
We saw LOTS of different types of monkeys, like gorillas and sloths.
 
Are sloths even monkeys?
It is SO close.
Why are monkeys adorable?
Awwww...










Eeeek!  Never-mind.

See what I mean?  Adorable!!


















The last time Samuel was at this water fountain I was drinking for him.

Do you see Samuel?
"I can't quite get it."


 To Samuel the wolves were obviously just “doggies”.  So he had to bark at them.

Bark, bark, bark!!

Turtles are another animal that Samuel really loves; so he was extremely excited to see the GIANT turtles at the zoo.

Look Mom, turtles!!
Holy turtle!  This thing is huge.












 
The giraffes were a big hit with Samuel, and of course, he makes “giraffe” sound like the cutest word in the world.  And the Rhinos were just more elephants to Samuel.  Isn't that funny?  Kids crack me up.













               Lily was completely chill the entire time- she was either fast asleep in my arms or relaxing in the stroller.  We took one feeding/ diaper changing break, but that was it.  Isn’t she just so sweet?!  And Samuel is just so funny!  I love my family.

She looks so tiny!


Can you see the water bottle line on his lip?


I love my little family!

1 comment:

  1. ,I have no idea how you'er so up and about only 9 days after giving birth to adorable Lily!

    ReplyDelete