Friday, May 4, 2012

Anything Toy Story


                Ok, I am not going to lie- I hate Toy Story.  Like, REALLY hate Toy Story.  I always thought it was scary as a kid and I never enjoyed the songs.  Imagine my delight when Toy Story was my son’s first favorite movie!  And it still is one of his absolute favorites.  He wants to watch it ALL the time, and I let him watch it often because he gets such a kick out of it.  Plus, I adore hearing him laugh at parts he thinks are funny.  I almost like Toy Story during those moments and then the song You’ve Got A Friend In Me comes on and I remember why I hate it.  

                Well, for Christmas last year AJ and I bought Samuel some Toy Story pajamas.  (Woody and Buzz aren’t as annoying when they are on clothing.)  Samuel thought those pj’s were so cool because he recognized Woody and Buzz!  Then just a few months ago, AJ and I found a Toy Story blanket that came with matching sheets and a pillow case.  We couldn’t pass it up- for one thing it was free and we both knew Samuel would totally love it.  So we brought it home, washed it up and put Samuel’s bed together.  Then we dressed him up in his matching pajamas and took pictures of his excitement about his bed.

I just love how happy he was about the blanket and his pj's and everything.  Totally worth it.
napping pictures.
Here are some . . .
extremely adorable . . .

4 comments:

  1. oh my, that's so adorable! I wish i was a better mom and could let go of certain prejudices agaist things my daughter loves... like the color pink. I HATE HATE HATE the color pink. can't stand it. but naomi seems to really like it. if we're at the store and something comes in different colors, i don't even let her have the option of getting the pink item. but i've been convinced enough to let her have things that have some pink, as long as it's mixed with other colors, and only if it's mixed with other colors. with all the girls i'm having though, i'm going to have ot get over it eventually. way to go, emily for putting up with things you don't like for the happiness of your child!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That seriously crack me up about the whole color pink thing because I am the exact same way. And Lily isn't even here yet! Why does everything have to be pink?! A little pink is ok, but we have SO many other awesome colors to choose from. I even refused to have a pink baby shower. :) He he he. It made me so happy.

      Delete
  2. So cute! How can you possible hate it when it puts a smile that big on his face! Adorable little guy. PS. I better not see you at church in 2 days. . . go have a baby already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aidan is currently obsessed with Toy Story as well!! He will walk around saying Buzz, Buzz all day long. We now have all 3 of them for him to watch.
    Today, Aaron and I were discussing the implications of talking and living toys haha

    ReplyDelete