Thursday, June 27, 2013

Samuel says the darnedest things. . .

After putting Daddy's glasses on, he said, "Look!  I am so cute.  Just like you."  6/11/13

 Early one morning, Samuel heard Lily stirring and ran in to greet her.  "Lily, you awake?  Lily, it's me!  It's mine big brother!! ... She likes me."  6/11/13


After waking from a long afternoon nap at Nana's house . . .
"Where is Brently?"
"He is probably at Grandpa's house."
"No, he's at Nana's house.  He hugged me."
"No, he is not here.  He is at Grandpa's house.  You must have been dreaming."
"Oh ... I wanted him to be here so I can love him.  And.  And, he wants to hug me." 6/16/13




We were walking around the temple one Sunday evening, enjoying all the beautiful flowers, and I was quizzing Samuel on all the different colors . . .
"Samuel, what color is this flower?"
"Ummm ....  It sounds a little pokey." 6/23/13


After a little bit of a scuffle between the kids in their room, Samuel runs out complaining . . .
"The girl."
"Mommy! Mommy, Lily did it."
"She did what, Samuel?"
"She did it."
"What did she do?"
"Lily!  She did it."
"I know.  But what did she do?"
"Lily did it, she did it!  The girl."  6/24/13



The kids and I were playing in their room, Lily had a pair of Samuel's shoes and he had a pair of hers . . .
"Samuel, do your feet fit in Lily's shoes?"
"No! (Pointing at his shoes.) This ones fit in my feets.
(Looking at Lily's sandals.) These ones not fit mine feets, actually.  . . . I think?" 6/26/13

4 comments: