Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Update on Betsy (our car)

Remember our car accident?  No?!  You can read about it HERE.

Well, we have some news.
And it is GOOD news!

I would give you all the nitty-gritties but … I really don’t know anything about cars- sorry!

I will tell the most important stuff:
1.  The transmission seems to be just dandy.  (Which is a major blessing, because those babies are super expensive to replace.)
2.  The steering shaft is NOT broken- another blessing.  YAY!
3.  My Dad was able to do all the repairs himself- the biggest blessing of all.

In a nut shell, we only replaced three parts:
1. The rim
2.  The tire
and 3.  The axle

In case you can't remember, here is a before picture. . .


And here is a picture I took a few days ago, after my Dad took Betsy on a drive. . .


Basically, what I am trying to say here is, what we initially thought was going to be at least a $1,300 repair, to possibly over $2,000 repair, only ended up costing us a little over $200.

Truly, the Lord is watching over our family.

And . . .
Thank you Daddy!!

1 comment:

  1. I knew the Lord was there! And, What a blessing to have a dad that can do the repairs!

    ReplyDelete