Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Poop, Vodka, Potty Training and Movies


                While we were on our trip in California, Samuel went poopy on the potty THREE times!!  AJ and I were so proud we bought him Wreck-it Ralph, but when we got back home, he went back to pooping in his diaper.  Disappointed, and a little frustrated that we didn't know what to do, we told him if he went poop in the potty, we would drive straight to Wal-Mart, and he could pick out ANY movie he wanted.  It took a couple days of encouraging but he finally did it, and came home a happy boy carrying Charlotte’s Web under his arm.  He was unaware that I had picked out two additional movies to add to the poopy-prize bowl, Mulan and Happy Feet.  It had been a day and a half since the Wal-Mart trip and Samuel still hadn't pooped, in the potty or a diaper.  I thought to show him the new poopy-prize-movies and told him if he went on the potty, he could pick one.  I went about my motherly business and a few minutes later Samuel ran up yelling he had just gone poopy.  I was unconvinced, but allowed him to lead me into the bathroom, to show me the proof.  And lo and behold there was a log sitting in the bottom of the bowl.  Nothing like the motivation of a new movie to get a little boy to go on the pot!

Samuel with all of his "poopy" movies.

1 comment: