Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The Accident

We experienced an accident.  . . .

A poopy accident.

Our very first, poopy-in-the-underwear-while-away-from-home, sort of accident; April 26, 2013, 12:43 PM at El Pollo Loco.


Justbathroomsigns.com
We had just finished up lunch, and we were on our way to Walmart to do a little shopping, but we figured Samuel should try to go potty first, before we left.  It was decided that AJ would take care of the deed.  While on their way to the restroom, AJ asked Samuel, "Do you need to go pee pee?"
And as they walked into the Men’s restroom, Samuel responded, "No, poopy.  I need to go poopy AND pee pee."
AJ thought to himself, as he was helping Samuel take his shorts off- Great!!  We are out, and Samuel is going to go pee and poo in the toilet, this is perfect.  Could it get any better?!
Well, apparently, the idea of relieving himself was very relaxing to Samuel because as AJ pulled Samuel's pants off, he found a "warm, fresh poo"-- that is how AJ described it to me-- in Samuel's underpants.

This is when I come into play: 

            AJ left Samuel sitting on the potty and ran out in a panic, and if I remember correctly, he brought the poopy underwear with him.
"EMILY!  Samuel just pooped in his underwear!! (Points at the underwear, as if I didn't see them.) WHAT DO I DO?!  You have to come in and help me."
"I am not going in the Men's bathroom, AJ.  But I will help from out here."
In case you need a visual.
From just outside the Men's restroom, I gave AJ the How-to on cleaning poop out of Samuel's little underwear.  Meanwhile, Samuel had finished going pee pee and poopy on the toilet.  AJ’s hands were full, for that reason he sent Samuel over to me.  Samuel was grinning adorably, and immediately put his hands on the ground and stuck his bum, covered in poop, in the air-- right in the doorway of the El Pollo Loco bathroom!  (There were people eating, right there and they could clearly see his messy miniature bum. Yum.)
Lily was holding onto my left hand and I was trying to wipe Samuel clean with my right, while he was wobbling all over the place.  And . . . I got poop on my hand.  As I finished tidying up Samuel, AJ asked me to go to the front of the store to ask for a bag to put the, now clean, but wet, undies in. 
GAHHH!!!  I can't go asking for bags, I have poop on my hand!  "Alright, I will be right back.  Keep an eye on Samuel."
At the register, all the employee's we busy doing something in the back or already helping another customer- Really?!  So I stood aside til someone wasn't occupied, asked for a bag and hurried back to the Men's bathroom.  I was just in time to put the extra pair of underwear I had packed in the diaper bag, on Samuel.  Then both AJ and I washed our hands and Samuel's, and we continued on with our errands like nothing had happened.


It all seemed so eventful and crazy in the moment, but looking back I feel we handled it fairly calmly.  We are practically seasoned veterans in the potty training club now.  Cheers to us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment