Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Story of Us

                August 4, was going to be the last day that I attended my singles ward FHE activity.  I wasn’t actually even in the ward at all, I was still a member of my family ward, but my best friend was and she couldn’t go alone.  So, I went with her and we had a great time!!  As it turns out what was going to be my last FHE because my friend was moving; was AJ’s first FHE because he had just moved into the ward.  How Mormon is that to meet the person you are going to marry at an FHE activity?!  At least it wasn’t a BYU singles ward FHE.
Can you tell we're perfect for each other!? He he he
                AJ and I talked a little bit during the game of charades that we played but I didn’t think much of him.  After all, I was head over heels for the missionary I was writing.  Before I knew what was happening I invited him to hang out with us after FHE, but I was okay with that, he seemed cool.  I could easily resist his charm, for the love of my missionary.  Who, by the way, I had been writing faithfully for the past 17 months.  Our group of friends ended up at Texas Roadhouse after FHE, and it was here that I received the startling revelation that I was going to marry this guy.
                I couldn’t believe it!  I didn’t know anything about this dude, AND I was already in love with someone else.  I had my life planned out already, and AJ was not part of it.  Needless to say, I was a little out of it for the rest of the evening.  When I got home I cried, and asked the Lord to send AJ back to wherever he came from.  Of course, now, I am so thankful the Lord didn’t answer my silly prayer.  It only took AJ a week to win me over.  He was so perfect for me, and my missionary wasn’t, I realized.  We quickly fell in love and soon the topic of marriage came up.  We discussed our feelings and how we each felt like the other was the one for us to marry.
Photographed by Jamie Allen
                On October 4, while we were on Temple Square in Salt Lake City, listening
  to general conference, AJ pulled me aside and proposed in the rain.  I was so surprised!
  He had caught me completely off guard.  But I was so happy, I had been waiting forever
  for this, and I accepted wholeheartedly!!  When we got back to Arizona my Mom and I
  began on the wedding preparations.  AJ and I set a date to be sealed in the Mesa temple.
  We ordered flowers and cake, sewed table clothes, found awesome shoes and all sorts of
  wedding awesomeness for the reception and luncheon.

See how awesome our shoes are! Photographed by Jamie Allen
               Finally after the longest two
  months of preparations and waiting,
  we were sealed for time and all eternity in the Mesa Arizona temple on December 4.  This was the beginning of our forever; I am so thankful the Lord sent AJ to find me in that small Arizona town.

Photographed by Jamie Allen
Photographed by Jamie Allen





No comments:

Post a Comment