Monday, April 9, 2012

Funny Samuel Stories #1


                When you have your first child people always tell you to take pictures of the small things, like your child’s fascination with a trivial rock or flower, or their joy as they go down a slide, because with time, you will forget what those moments looked like.  People will also tell you to write down the funny things that your kids do.  My response to that was, "How can I possibly forget when Samuel did BLANK?!  Or how can I not remember, forever, that hilarious BLANK that Samuel always does?"  But guess what ... you forget, and I forgot!  I was so sad to realize that I had lost all of those precious memories of my little boy's first months of life, and I decided to follow the wise advice I had been given.  And I urge everyone to do the same.  You don't want to forget these moments; no matter how insignificant they may seem now.  "Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

The first story in this post took place on January 31, 2012.

Samuel is going down the "wee"!!

Eventually, he would go down with a running start.
 
              So far, Samuel and I have been to the duck pond to feed the ducks- which Samuel LOVES!! He gets so excited he throws the whole slice, while charging at the ducks.  Poor ducks never even get a chance to eat any of the slice he just threw.  Oh well!  Samuel had a great time. 



The swings aren't as scary when you are on your Daddy's lap.
             When we got back home Samuel didn't want to get out of the stroller, and he told me that he wanted to go outside again.  So we went to the park, where Samuel got to slide down all the "wees".  It rained a few days ago so his little bum was soaked in no time, but he didn't care.  He refused to swing on the swings though, which I thought was a bummer, apparently they were TOO scary and kept "hurting" him.

The second story took place on February 2, 2012, right before bed time.

Kissing little sister good night.
                We were getting Samuel ready for bed and trying to put on his jammies, when all of a sudden he says, "Kick!" and then kicks his little leg.  AJ and I were so shocked!  We were totally excited and start saying things like, "Good job, Buddy.”  And, “That was so good, Samuel.  That was a kick." ... etc.  Samuel is motivated by our reactions and starts running around his room kicking in the air, and kicking random objects saying "Kick! Kick!"
                Then later, after we had finally calmed him from the kicking excitement, we were kissing him good night.  AJ and I both gave him kisses and hugs, then we had him kiss Lily, my pregnant belly.  He then turned around; kissed Daddy's belly and jumped in bed.
Can't forget to kiss Daddy's "baby".

He thinks it is so funny. :)

 


No comments:

Post a Comment