Monday, April 23, 2012

Funny Samuel Stories #3

March 7, 2012

                This morning I decided to make Samuel pancakes for breakfast; I thought that he would like that.  Like usual I tore up his pancake into bite size pieces and then poured some syrup on his plate so he could dip them.  (This kid LOVES to dip things.)  Just like normal after Samuel had eaten his entire pancake he was sticky as can be.  But today just washing his hands and face was not enough.  He insisted that he needed a full on bath.  Which I didn’t mind, his hair needed shampooing anyway.
The "poofs"
                 So we filled the bath and gathered a bunch of toys- he was getting so excited!  I undressed him and he scrambled into the tub as fast as he could and quickly started to play.  After a while all the toys we had gathered weren’t so fun and he wanted to play with Mommy and Daddy’s shower poofs.  I told him that he could play with one, so I gave him the blue poof because I could reach it.  This made him happy until he realized that I wasn’t going to get the pink one down; so he started pointing and asking for it again.  To which I answered that he can play with one, and asked if he wanted the blue one or the pink one?  To my surprise he pointed at the blue poof and said, “One.” and then pointed at the pink poof and said, “Two.”  All that counting we do is paying off!!  I couldn’t resist- I gave him the pink poof as well.

March 8, 2012

Can you see all the forbidden movies?!  They are tempting.
                Samuel has been able to reach the movies on the bottom shelf of our TV stand for a while now.  But recently he has learned how to climb up the TV stand to reach the movies on the second and top shelves.  Tricky boy.  And it seems that with his new ability to reach virtually all of the movies he thinks he can get into them whenever he wants; which is NOT the case.  When I leave the room Samuel will pull a movie, or two … or three, off the bottom shelf and start playing with them.  This usually creates sounds; such as the pop of a DVD case opening or a DVD clattering against plastic.
                 When I hear this I head myself straight into the front room, saying something along the lines of, “Samuel you had better not be touching the movies.”  And I usually walk in on a scene something like this:  A DVD or two scattered on the floor along with their cases, and Samuel struggling to put a DVD case back on the shelf with all the other movies as fast as possible.  But he is completely unable to get it into the organized line because he is so frantic about me seeing him with it in his hand.  So he is flailing around with a movie, practically hyperventilating from fright.  It is SOOOO hard not to laugh, and to punish him with a straight face.  Sigh, I love that kid.
This picture is just too cute to not post it.

1 comment: