Sunday, September 15, 2013

Blessings


My mother shared this song with me, and it really touched my soul.  It is a beautiful reminder that our hardest trials in life can also be our greatest moments.  One of the lines that touched me most was, "What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near."  I am indeed grateful for the thousand sleepless nights I have experienced with my children because they have opened the opportunity for me to feel my Saviors arms around me.  Those nights were mercies in disguise.

2 Nephi 2:2  "... thou knowest the greatness of God;
and he shall consecrate thine afflictions for thy gain."

"What if my greatest disappointments, or the aching of this life,
Is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can't satisfy."  -Laura Story

Don't think I am always immediately thankful though. ;)

1 comment:

  1. oh, i LOVE LOVE LOVE that song. it's been among my favorites for so long, but i hardly listen to it because it always makes me cry. Thanks for sharing, Emily. gotta listen again, because I'm not always immediately thankful for those mercies in disguise, either.

    ReplyDelete