Thursday, September 20, 2012

"To solid food, or not to solid food."

Nummy.
                That, is the question.  A good question.  How on earth are you supposed to know when your infant is ready for, or wanting solid foods?!  To be honest, I can’t tell ya because I am still struggling with it myself.  However, I might have stumbled across a discovery- for me at least.  Lily has been super grumpy lately and she wants to eat all the time.  She eats till she is full to the brim.  Full to the brim equals a LOT of leakage … everywhere- not a single piece of furniture has not been spit up on.   Despite all of this she just keeps on eating!  Finally, it dawned on me.  Perhaps she wanted something a little heavier in her stomach, you know, something with a little bit of substance.  Maybe liquid just wasn’t cutting it anymore.  So, I pulled out a box of rice cereal and let her try it.  I was so surprised that she actually ate a full 2 teaspoons!  And it seems to have done the trick- she feels full.  YAY!! I love you rice cereal.  You made this Mamma happy.

First time trying solids- success.

Love those eyes!

1 comment:

  1. i'm going to keep this in mind... my papoose is 22 days younger than lily, so i should be watching out for this. luckily milk seems to still satisfy her at not quite 4 months! (that was not the case for her big sister; munchkin wanted solids asap, like 3.5 months!)
    love the updates on your cute family!

    ReplyDelete