Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Things I Love: Samuel Edition

10 Things I LOVE about Samuel

1. I love how he wakes AJ and me up in the morning by yelling, “Wake up!” and then he follows with, “Sleep’d good.  Morning.”  Translation:  “Wake up Mom and Dad!  I slept great so you must have too; now get out of bed because it is morning and time to party.”
2.       I love how he gives me, Lily, Daddy and himself kisses when we get hurt.
3.       I love it when he dances or makes funny sounds and faces to make Lily laugh.  And once the laughing starts they pass the laugh back and forth for a good 5 to 8 minutes- I love that sound.
4.       I love the way he laughs and screams while running in circles, trying to decide if he should find a place to hide to scare Daddy or not, when AJ is just about to walk in the front door. 
5.       I love how excited he gets when he realizes that we are going to Grandpa and Grandma’s.  I also love that he assumes we are headed to Grandpa and Grandma’s house if we have been driving for longer than 5 minutes.
6.       I love it when he puts his arm around Lily, smiles at me and says, “Friends.”
7.       I love the way his hair swirls around his head.
8.       I love to hear his innocent prayers, and it cracks me up that he will yell, “Prayer!” at anyone before or during a prayer that has broken “prayer form”.  Which are folded arms or clasped hands while kneeling.
9.       I love the way he pats the seat next to him as a command invitation for me to sit next to him and watch a movie with him.
10.   I love that if I sit down to read a book or have been reading for a short time he will either 1) attempt to replace my book mark and then shut my book and try to take it from me or 2) try to shut my book while repeating, “Wake up Mommy.  Wake up.”

No comments:

Post a Comment