Thursday, March 28, 2013

She's Leaving on a Jet Plane...


On the envelope of Gina’s most recent letter, she cleverly rewrote the words of I’m Leaving on a Jet Plane to describe her departing the MTC for the airport.   My family and I were cracking up when we read it- it is just SO Gina!  While my Dad was reading it to us, I thought, “This is so great.  I need to put it in a blog.” and Gina totally called me out on it.  Without further ado … Sister Rasmussen’s rendition of I’m Leaving on a Jet Plane:

All my bags are packed.
I’m ready to go; I’m standing here outside the dorm.
I really hate to write to say goodbye.

But the bus is coming.
He’s blowing his horn; my legs are freezing, its EARLY morn.
Already I’m so anxious I could CRY …

Cause I’m leaving on a jet plane!
Don’t know when I’ll be back again.
Oh golly, I hate can’t wait to GO!!

Can’t wait to spread the word abroad,
Just know it’ll end up in a blog.
(That’s for you Emily.)

I promise I’ll be back again
Somedaaaayyy!!!
Without delay.
In May.
Not gay.
Hurray!

No comments:

Post a Comment