Friday, February 15, 2013

The BIG Boy Bed

                One fateful day, AJ plopped down, without a thought, next to Samuel on his bed, and one of the wooden slats, which supported the mattress, snapped.
CRACKKK!!
                AJ and I were both shocked because we had both been plopping down next to Samuel for over a year without the slightest crack.  Yet, in a word, Samuel’s bed had just become a Safety Hazard.  Okay, I guess that was two words, but I digress.  It was time to ditch Samuel’s crib and upgrade to a real toddler bed.  I was thrilled and my enthusiasm fueled Samuel’s.  I scoured Craigslist.  EveryDay.  It took a few days before I found what I was looking for: a toddler bed frame for 20 bucks and bonus, it was purple! … Wait.  Still, I couldn't pass up the deal, even if it was purple, besides that is what paint is for, right?  We drove out, picked it up and assembled it that very same day!  Samuel loves his "new one bed" and Mommy is relieved of the worry of the cracked crib.

We disassembled Samuel's crib and found this NASTY surprise.
YAY!!  So excited about his big boy bed.
Sleeping in his "new one bed."


2 comments: