Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The Beast

Back at the beginning of this year, my Mom bought Lily a brand new Beauty and the Beast coloring book,

because Lily loves to color.

As a result of Lily’s love of coloring, she colors A LOT, so of course she has a plethora of coloring books, and crayons, and markers and pencils … etc., to switch things up.  Recently, Lily asked me if she could “olo” (color), so I asked her which book she wanted.  She chose Beauty and the Beast then danced over to her seat at the table, while I gathered up a handful of coloring utensils for her.  I went back to my motherly duties in the kitchen—I have to stay close in case Lily decides to “olo” on things she shouldn’t-- while Lily chattered and babbled happily to herself.

Suddenly there was a pause, I turned and looked at her, she met my eyes then pointed at the page she was coloring on and said in a mysterious tone,

“Uh oh!  The Beast.”

Then she turn to the next page and repeated, very seriously, “Uh oh!  The Beast.”  Over and over, until she had pointed out every picture of the Beast in her coloring book.  Then, just as suddenly, she went right back to her coloring without any more mention of … The Beast.

Lily was "olo"-ing . . . on her face.

Sometimes it is just easier to carry your crayons in your onesie instead of your hands.

1 comment: