Friday, November 1, 2013

Happy Halloween 2013

I hate, hate, hate Halloween . . . but I love, love, LOVE dress ups.  I was not going to make the kids costumes this year- I decided extremely last minute that I would try and throw something together.

I began with Lily's gown, which started out looking like this Elizabeth Swann gown, in my head . . .


Then I decided that looked a little too grown up for my little baby, so I raised the waist line and finished with this little beauty. . .


For Samuel I thought, "Who better to pair with Elizabeth Swann than William Turner himself!", and when I saw this particular picture of Will . . . I was sold.


Honestly, it was the cape that did it, because I knew that Samuel would fall in love with a cape, and I was right.  (He insisted he was a Superman/pirate because Superman has a red cape too.)  And here is our handsome William Turner now . . .



Oh, Will and Elizabeth, you truly were meant to be together!



Look here, the suave and dashing William has found a lovely yellow blossom . . .


Oh!  What a romantic!  He has removed the thorns and is offering it to the graceful and elegant Elizabeth . . .


What a beauty, what a gem, what a lady!  She who posses such rare manners- so delicate and exquisitely polished.  See how daintily and gently she handles the fair bloom . . . 


Oh!  Elizabeth?!

1 comment:

  1. You are a great story teller! Love the tale of Will and Elizabeth! LOL

    ReplyDelete