Monday, January 27, 2014

About 47 days left . . .


I love pregnancy!  Today I was reading my midwife's blog and this paragraph really touched my heart and was a great reminder to enjoy this special time.
"TICK TOCK TICK TOCK – that’s the sound of time moving forward. It’s constant, unrelenting. Time is always moving forward. Never again will I be 5 years old, never again will I taste chocolate for the first time, never again will I experience the thrill of meeting the man of my dreams, never again will I experience the overwhelming feeling of finding out I am pregnant….and never again will I be pregnant with this baby once it is born. It is a temporary gift that passes so briefly it’s like a whisper in our lives. Tick tock…whether we want it to or not, time is passing. When I was 40 weeks pregnant I didn’t notice the passage of time, I only dreamed of when the pregnancy would be over and I would be holding my baby. But time passes whether we are looking or not…tick tock, tick tock….and I got so focused on having the baby born that I didn’t give thought to the fact that the time of pregnancy is precious and I was abusing the gift I had been given by looking forward to the next one. This time with your baby is limited…it’s rented time….and one day you will look back and wonder why you rushed yourself and your baby.  When you are at the end of your days and looking back on your life…this is as good as it gets!!!  Prime of your life, waiting for your baby to be born."  - Stephanie Soderblom
 You can find Stephanie's blog here: Vita Mutari and the blog post I quoted from is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment