Wednesday, January 29, 2014

5 things that make me happy . . .

  • My husband- AJ

Do I have to say more?  That picture is worth a thousand words!
AJ makes me happy because he is so silly- he always has a cheerful heart, and he shares it with me.  He is truly in love with the raw, real, imperfect Emily; I know that because he takes special care of her.  He is tender and gentle with our children but also firm when required- my husband simply adores our children, and that makes me happy.
  • My children; Samuel, Lily and Abram

They are SO adorable!!  Oh my goodness, just looking at their sweet little faces in this picture makes me smile.
I have such wonderful children- Samuel the comedian, Lily the artist and Abram the gymnast.  Samuel has a heart of gold-- his goal is to make everyone laugh and smile-- he loves to share his cheerfulness where ever he goes.  Lily has a tender heart that cares for those around her.  She is quiet and a little shy, but she can quickly overcome her shyness to fix a broken heart with a big hug in her tiny arms.  Nobody will be sad on Lily's watch.  Although I don't know Abram all that well yet, he still brings me joy!  I love to feel him wiggle, and so do his siblings.  Abram's kicking gives them quite the thrill, and brings a smile to my face.
  • PILLOWS!
Found at www.carlylesofa.com
Ok, we have to get serious for a second.  . . .  Pillows are.  Sent.  From.  Heaven.
Pillows make me happy.  I love pillows- so I sleep with 3 of them. AJ is always complaining that I cuddle my pillows more than I cuddle him . . . it's true.  I do.  Simply put, I love soft, comfy things.  One day, when AJ and I are old, he just might be squishy enough, but as for right now, he isn't.
  • Green traffic lights
Found at investorplace.com

Isn't that just beautiful to you?  Not only is green a great color- it is my absolute favorite color to see when I approach a traffic light.  Especially, when the kids are hungry, or exhausted, in the back seat.  Or when I have to pee like a race horse and we have been on the road for an hour.  Green traffic lights are always a reason for celebration.
  • Yummy food
Found at www.finecooking.com

I have to tell you something.
Come a little closer so I can whisper it in your ear . . .
I LOVE FOOD!!
Thanksgiving is a delightful time for me because we eat a lot of super yummy food.  (What a stupendous holiday.)  I especially enjoy sweet things, and crunchy things, and veggies, and fruit, and Chinese.  Basically, anything that falls under the food category. 

1 comment:

  1. I love food too! Especially after being sick! That day when you feel all better and then your starving and the food tastes heavenly!

    ReplyDelete