Thursday, July 12, 2012

Locks for Sister Mac


                There are people in your life who mold and shape you during the influential teenage years.  There will be both negative and positive influences- I want to focus on the positive side.  These people can be your parents, church leaders, aunts, uncles, teachers, grandparents, youth leaders, and coaches … etc.  You love them because helping hands, encouraging words and listening ears are their carving tools. They offer guidance and direction when needed.  Ever so slowly shaping you into the kind of person you want to be without your realizing.  It isn’t until you look back on your life that you recognize how indebted you are to them.  In that moment you love them even more because you now realize the gravity of the service they offered you.  Thanking them would never be enough.
                My parents easily fall into the positive-influence-on-Emily category- they are AMAZING.  I could write forever about them and multiple others, but I want to focus on someone specifically.  Sister Mac has been one of my youth leaders, my teachers and my friend.  I absolutely love her and her awesome personality- she makes everyone laugh.  Sis. Mac is a wife and a mother of three children and she has Stage 4 Breast Cancer.   Cancer.  Isn’t that a scary word?  That little word can destroy someone’s life so easily.  One moment life is normal and the next it is spiraling out of control between tests, family, appointments, chemo therapy, questions and more tests.
                 I want to do something meaningful for my friend.  I want her to know how much I love her- how much everyone who knows her loves her.  I want to give her my hair because she no longer has her own.  Both my mother and I have donated 11 inches of hair to be made into a wig specifically for Sister Mac.  There is a wonderful woman in California who will make a wig for Sis. Mac out of our hair … but it will cost $1,500.  We need your help in order to make this a reality.  Please.  If just 100 people donate $15 we would be set.  If you can’t afford to give $15, whatever you can offer would be greatly appreciated.  Even the smallest amount brings us that much closer to our goal.  Contact me via Facebook or email or leave a comment.  I will get back to you as soon as I possibly can. 
Thank you and God bless you all. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment