Thursday, November 29, 2012

Cookie Confession

                Okay.  I have a very serious confession to make … about cookies.  I can’t make cookies.  Making the dough isn't the tough part; it is the baking part that kills me.  I've heard all the tricks: freeze the dough before you bake it, add more flour, make sure the butter is the correct temperature, and don’t grease the pan … etc.
I have three different variations of cookies I have mastered:
1.                   Thin as paper and hard as a rock – You know what I am talking about right?  The cookies that begin as separate entities but converge into one crunchy mass while baking.
2.                   "Normal" but under cooked – Luckily these cookies remain separate, individual cookies, but they start as dough and end as dough with an impenetrable shell.
3.                   Kindling- This category includes anything from ashes and coal to slightly burnt cookies.

                You may notice that I am lacking the “fluffy, delicious and perfect” category or the “this is the taste of heaven” category.
Yeah.  I know.
                Well, I decided yesterday to buy pre-made sugar cookie dough.  Maybe the dough was my problem after all?  I simply had to cut the dough into 1/4” slices.  Put the slices on a baking sheet 2” from each other, and put it in the oven at 350°F.  Then 11 minutes later, pull them back out and BAM!  Cookies.  Soooooo easy, right? 
          WRONG!  I still managed to burn them to a crisp.  Still!  So, I decided, as of yesterday, that if I ever, EVER want cookies again, I will buy them already baked.

P.S.  I was too ashamed to take pictures yesterday, and now my phone is dead and the camera is missing.  So just imagine.  It is better that way.

1 comment:

  1. im so sorry but this is just to funny! its good to know that i can do something! because as far as tysons concern i cant cook anything!

    ReplyDelete